today i got the mail with name & adress of my one skein secret pal - so i will write today and from now on this blog in english an would like to say "hello and welcome" to all new readers here. and - naturally - i´m really excited about the pal who will send the yarns to me.
& here are my answers to the one skein secret pal questionaire:
1. which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?
casual, smooth, modern with a touch of bavarian vivienne westwood =)
2. what is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?
warm, naturally colors...
3. have you ever used variegated, or magic yarns?
4. do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?
no pure synthetic fiber - otherwise no favourites.
5. do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?
i don´t have any preferences like this.
6. have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them? not yet, but i would like to.
7. how many and what projects have you made in the last year?
a scarf, a couple of socks, an overall and a pullover for a baby, a cap, some accessoires - at the moment i´m planning a pullover for myself.
8. will you be knitting any gifts this year?
sure - but there are no plans yet.
9. what is your favorite one skein project?
the silk sleeves & the fingerless gartermits.
10. how much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?
about 1,5 kg. the most of it are the left-overs of the socks.
11. do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?
12. do you knit less or differently in the summer?
differently - the yarns have to be summerlike (cotton, silk, linen)
13. do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)?
i´m one of the "meet to knit"-girls in frankfurt.